Skills
acquired
|
How did
these skills contribute to the creation of your product?
|
How will you
develop these skills during the A2 project?
| |
Digital technology
-
What
equipment/software packages did you use to produce your production?
|
- Panasonic Camera
- Tripod
- Live Text
|
The Panasonic
cameras’ we used to shoot the footage. These were rubbish quality to I hope
to develop this skill this year with better cameras.
We used the tripod
last year to be able to get still shots. I think that I have already developed
this skill throughout the shooting sessions prior to this year and couldn’t
develop it further.
I used Live Type
last year as we used it to make rolling credits for out thriller opening
sequence. This is good programme, but I don’t see how we can use it this
year.
|
We have new cameras
for this year and I hope to be able to broaden the technicality by being able
to record Shallow and Deep focus. Hopefully these camera with be better
overall picture quality.
|
Post production
-
What
software did you use to create your production?
-
Discuss
specific features of the software.
|
- Final Cut
- Photoshop
- Garage band
|
We used final cut
to edit our overall pieces. This took a couple of practices and so we used
this programme to also edit and put together our rough cut and animatic.
When using
Photoshop last year, we only used it to produce our company logo. I have used
it previously and find it hard to use. So I am going to focus on my Photoshop
skills for this year.
I used Garage band
previously to edit and put together our thriller sequences’ background music.
I used it for fades and a smooth transition from one piece of music to the
other. This went well, but we might use it this year, in which case I will
have to improve on my technicality if I want our video to be convincing.
|
We will have to use
this programme this year also to edit and polish out music videos. Because
this year topic is going to be more adventurous, I will hopefully be able to
experiment with using effects such as fades and transitions etc.
Photoshop is a hard
programme to use, in my opinion, and so I am going to use it this year, to
make our group’s music video more professional.
Garage band may
have to be used this year, in that case I would like to improve on using this
so that our coursework looks more polished and professional.
|
Research and
Planning
-
What tasks
did you complete when preparing to film your sequence?
-
How did your
planning help the smooth progression of your film?
|
We carried out
certain research tasks that helped us to make a decent film opening, these
included conventions of a typical thriller opening, the stereotypical thing
included. We done other tasks were we had to identify what order typical
credits roll. For example, is the Producer or the Director of the film shown
first? Then we had to arrange or set of credits accordingly.
|
Carrying out
certain parts of research helped the production of a good sequence, because
it told you what to include, it make you aware of what professionals so in
order to make a decent film overall, even though we were only making the
opening.
|
We will be carrying
out more research this year on how certain music videos are put together and
what the conventions are.
|
Using conventions
of real media texts
-
Which texts
did you analyze?
-
Did you take
any inspiration from the conventions found from your research?
|
We took a lot of
conventions from research and included them in our own film, these were
things such as darkness and eerie music. We think that we added these
correctly. But it would be unrealistic to use blood and gore especially in
just an opening sequence.
We analyzed classic
films like Phycho and Rear Window. Even to more recent films like Secret
Window, and Fight club. We analyzed these to get a better idea of what to
include in our overall piece.
|
These skills that I
had during the course of last year, did help us make more of a professional
opening sequence. As without that research that we had carried out prior to
think about a sequence narrative wouldn’t have followed the typical
stereotypes of thrillers.
|
I will expect to be
doing this again this year, as without doing this I will be unaware of the
typical conventions of a Rock music video, which I am hoping to create. I
know from watching them in my own free time that they mostly always in
include a live performance and they have a cross-cut to a narrative. I will
have to carry out more research in lesson and outside of class to before
properly aware of my conventions and how I can use them in my own music
video.
|
Creativity
- Were our ideas
for your portfolio imaginative and unique or did you adhere to conventions?
|
I think that we
done both use the conventions and use our own ideas last year and this
contributed to make a decent opening sequence. We had to use the typical
conventions as this is what made our film look professional as we had
researched camera angles and sound techniques that made our film look more skilled,
but on the other hand we used our own ideas to make our film our own.
Although, apart from the opening sequence we didn’t really think about what
was going to happen in the rest of the film in detail as we weren’t shooting
that and in which waste would have been a waste of time.
|
Using conventions
definitely made our thriller sequence stereotypical and fit in the thriller
genre guidelines. But we did use most of own imagination to make our film
stand out and become more defined.
|
I think that
following conventions that we have found out during research is especially
important this year when creating out music video because it is going to have
to follow a certain genre, this is the same as last year, but a music video
can quickly become another genre by only inputting a few extra ideas. So we
are going to have to follow the genre guidelines in that way. Although I do
want to include intertexual aspects that I’ve seen in other rock videos, it
will obviously include my own ideas and imagination as we can’t copy other
existing products.
|
Friday, 20 September 2013
Personal Skills Audit
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
No comments:
Post a Comment